Sustainable procurement is at the forefront of the public sector agenda.
Our Sustainability Pledge
The NHS became the first in the world to commit to delivering a net zero health system and as a key supplier we share a responsibility to support this commitment by driving sustainability throughout our organisation.
As a Company we started embedding sustainability into our business strategy many years ago as customers increasingly looked for ways to decrease their carbon footprint through quick, easy, and compliant procurement routes.
We share with you some of the decisions and activities we have taken as a business in our commitment to a more sustainable business model;
- We have been actively reducing our carbon footprint for some time, as one of the first SME’s in our industry to use Hybrid technology, our Sales Consultants have been using Hybrid cars for the past 6 years as we continue our investment into the most appropriate lowest carbon emission vehicles
- We are actively reducing the amount of plastic we use by moving over to recyclable materials for our packaging and repurposing where possible, in fact all the packaging for our new Reusable Electrosurgery Range is plastic and latex free
- Not only do we now print on 100% recycled papers and use only refillable printer cartridges, all our professional print is carbon balanced and bears the World Land Trust mark
- We have extended our own recycling to not only include primary recycling but promote secondary recycling activities amongst our staff
- As a Company who manufactures, repairs and refurbishes reusable surgical instruments and devices our core business activities naturally support sustainability through reusing, recycling and repurposing
- We have reviewed and extended our ranges and services in areas where the use of plastics in the clinical environment could easily be reduced, please visit our website and check out our 7 Ways to a more Sustainable Surgical Instrument Procurement Model document for inspiration!
- We encourage car sharing, walking and cycling as a preferred means to commute to work and provide cycle shelters for our employees
- We installed energy efficient lighting throughout the Company and time delayed lighting switches to support energy saving